Monday, December 12, 2011

The Internet Cafe

Earlier today, my mom and I stopped by an “internet café” which one of my grandma’s neighbors runs out of their home since my mom had to carry out the (one would think) simple task of printing out 2 e-mail attachments. As we entered, I noticed that the place bore the hallmarks of third world jankiness/humility that I typically find endearing: lack of clientele, outdated equipment, monitor stands still encased in plastic, an internet speed allowing one to open e-mails at the rapid pace of 1 every 10 seconds… However, 30 minutes later, the endearment had worn off and annoyance set in. Luckily, 10 minutes after that, we were finally able to print out the e-mails after haphazardly discovering, without any notification whatsoever, that e-mail attachments wouldn’t open until the browser’s pop-up blocker was turned off. Now I understand how the place makes money!

No comments: